- 2x 12oz Pork Chops – Thick Cut
- 8 lg Sage Leaves
- 2 Stalks Celery
- 2 lg Carrot
- 1 Med Red Onion
- Favorite Cornbread Stuffing
- 1 lb Green Beans
- 5 Rashers Bacon
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
Medium sauce pan
- Lg Frying Pan
- Basting Brush
- 10″ Cast Iron Skillet
- Digital Probe Thermometer
- Knife & Cutting Board
1. Chop into cubes the two stalks of celery, and carrot. Split onion in half and dice one half. The second half you want to cut into very thin half moons.
2. Put a tablespoon of butter in a medium sauce pan along with the celery, carrot, and diced onion. Melt the butter and sweat the veggies until they are soft. Add four sage leaves.
3. Follow the directions of your cornbread stuffing adding ingrediants to the sauted vegitables and cook as directed.
1. Cut the bacon into 1″ squares.
2. Add to a large frying pan the half moon onion and the bacon.
3. Cook over medium low heat until bacon has rendered out a good deal of it’s fat and it is just starting to crisp, and the onions are translucent and soft.
4. Add frozen green beans
5. cook until beans are done (about 7-10 min).
1. Spread a very thin layer of olive oil on each side of the pork chops
2. Press one sage leaf right in the middle of each face of the pork chops and then salt and pepper them to tasted. You want to use a bit more then you think you would need.
3. Cook to an internal temp of 145 turning after a few minutes to ensure a nice golden brown crust on both sides. It took us about 10 minutes on each side but your milage may very.
Serve along with green beans and stuffing.
Pigmy likes to have wine with her pork. Even though its a white meat, she likes a nice deep merlot. TSnow likes beer with his, something mid level. Not too light, not too dark.
Try this recipe yourself and let us know on Twitter what you think, maybe post a pic of your masterpiece and tag it #PigsInTheKitchen
Owner & Operator
I make most of the content on the site and I manage the day to day operations.
Please consider purchasing one of the items on offer and help me give Pigmy a great birthday present. If you wish to not purchase an item but still would like to help, you can donate at paypal.me/tsnowcrash.
The electric guitar has been the heart and soul of rock n roll for nearly 70 years. From Elvis Presley to Eric Clapton to Lizzy Hale and everyone else in between and since. So many iconic tunes feature the power and majesty of the skilled guitar player. When someone is so comfortable and familiar with their instrument that it is more an extension of their body than a separate entity, you cannot deny there is beauty and magic in the union. These songs are just a small taste of the incredible art that is the blood, sweat, tears, and skill that is the electric guitar.
Software 1 LB Dried Penne Pasta or Macaroni 8 oz Sharp Cheddar 8 oz Colby Jack 6 oz Original Velveeta Cheese 1 LB Bacon 12 oz Whole Milk 1 TBSP Smoked Paprika 1 TBSP Garlic Powder 1 TBSP Black Pepper 1 TSP Cayenne Pepper (Optional) Preparations Shred the colby jack...