3-6 lbs Chuck Roast
1 Packet Ranch Mix
1 Packet Beef Gravy Mix
1/4 Cup Butter cubed
1/2 Cup thinly Sliced Yellow Onion
4 Roughly chopped Celery stalks
1/2 lbs bag baby carrots or sliced carrots
1 lbs quartered red potatoes
4 TBSP Minced Garlic
2 TBSP Ground Black Pepper + 1 TBSP
1 TBSP Kosher Salt +1 TSP
1/2 Cup Red Wine
3/4 Cup Water
2 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
1 TSP Liquid Smoke
1 TBSP Red Pepper Flake
2 Minced Chipotle Peppers
1 TSP Adobo Sauce
- In slow cooker add Liquids and mix together well.
- Integrate garlic, half of gravy mix, 1 TBSP Salt, 1 TBSP Pepper, add any optionals you want.
- Add vegetables to slow cooker.
- If necessary, trim roast of any silver skin or gristle.
- Brown on all sides in a very hot cast iron skillet.
- Mix remaining spices, gravy, and ranch packet and coat roast on all sides.
- Float roast on top of vegetables
- Cover roast with cubed butter pieces and cook the roast for 6 hours on medium (275F)
- Separate liquid from solids after cooking.
- Move liquid to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/4 cup Red Wine
- 2 TBSP Cornstarch
- Whisk vigorously until the gravy thickens slightly, shoudl coat the back of a spoon.
Owner & Operator
I make most of the content on the site and I manage the day to day operations.